Doctor insights on:
Does Alcohol Stop Antibiotics Working
It should still work: A normal healthy person drinking a couple of alcoholic drinks should see no change in the effectiveness of her antibiotics. Haven't heard of any research studies looking into what happens when a specific larger number of alcoholic drinks is combined with gonorrhea therapy... but it's best not to do any heavy drinking anyway. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can i drink monster energy while taking anti biotics like keplex for fighting an infection, will it stop the process? Alsois consuming alcohol ok
Depends on the med: Doxycycline is less effective with chronic alcohol use. Rifampin and Isoniazid can be more toxic to the liver combined with alcohol. There likely are more interactions; these should be included in the drug information sheet that accompanies the antibiotic. If in doubt, avoid alcohol. If heavy drinker, may need to ask doctor for advice regarding cutting down; stopping suddenly can be dangerous. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
No: There are a great number of antibiotics and only a few have effects on the liver, which are usually mild and reversible. If you spend any time around a chronic care facility, you'll see plenty of patients who've ruined their livers with alcohol -- none with antibiotics. The mechanisms of alcoholic liver injury are complex and very serious. I'm wondering who told you something like this. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does alcohol stop antibiotics from working?
- Does drinking stop antibiotics working?
- Does alcohol stop antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to stop craving alcohol?
- When does remicade stop working for ra
- Does alcohol make antibiotics ineffective?
- Does alcohol reduce the effects of antibiotics?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online