Doctor insights on:
Does Alcohol Stop Antibiotics Working
It should still work: A normal healthy person drinking a couple of alcoholic drinks should see no change in the effectiveness of her antibiotics. Haven't heard of any research studies looking into what happens when a specific larger number of alcoholic drinks is combined with gonorrhea therapy... but it's best not to do any heavy drinking anyway. ...Read more
Can u drink alcohol while being treaten wit antibotics for a std. Will the alcohol affect tha antibiotics from working?
No, it will not: Some antibiotics can increase the tendency for ethanol to cause unpleasant symptoms and/or decrease apparent "tolerance" but should not affect effectiveness of treatment. ...Read more
Can i drink monster energy while taking anti biotics like keplex for fighting an infection, will it stop the process? Alsois consuming alcohol ok
Depends on the med: Doxycycline is less effective with chronic alcohol use. Rifampin and Isoniazid can be more toxic to the liver combined with alcohol. There likely are more interactions; these should be included in the drug information sheet that accompanies the antibiotic. If in doubt, avoid alcohol. If heavy drinker, may need to ask doctor for advice regarding cutting down; stopping suddenly can be dangerous. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Clindamycin & ETOH: While there is no direct adverse effect of consuming alcohol while on Clindamycin therapy, many antibiotics, including Clindamycin can cause varying levels of GI upset. Adding alcohol can aggravate this GI upset. I would suggest moderation in your alcohol consumption. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does alcohol stop antibiotics from working?
- Does drinking stop antibiotics working?
- Does alcohol stop antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to stop craving alcohol?
- When does remicade stop working for ra
- Does alcohol make antibiotics ineffective?
- Does alcohol reduce the effects of antibiotics?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online