Doctor insights on:
Does Alcohol Make Your Teeth Hurt
Could heavy consumption of alcohol cause the loss of teeth? Is this a sign of something more severe going on?
No but: It may damage other parts of your body especially when taken in excess. ...Read more
I got all 4 of my wisdome teeth taken out (July 31st) A friend of mine is throwing a party the night of August 8th. Will I be able to consume alcohol?
Yes, Usually: If you had a regular "deep cleaning, " what dentists call scaling and root planing, then you can drink alcohol--usually by the next day or so. However, if you had a more assertive procedure--perhaps surgery, or something which required stitches--you should avoid alcohol until everything has healed properly. Each case is different, so ask you dentist, periodontist, or hygienist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
At least 24 hrs.: You might have been given Rx and if they warn against alcohol - that needs to be heeded. Also, you need to wait till a clot forms to eat or drink anything. Avoid a straw to prevent dry socket. Ask your dentist about all this - it's not the alcohol per se, but always be moderate. Call their office to inquire. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will drinking alcohol make your teeth hurt during a sinus infection
- Why does alcohol make your gall bladder hurt?
- Do sinus infections make your teeth hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does hydrogen peroxide hurt your teeth?
- Does it hurt to get braces on your teeth?
- Does your gums and teeth hurt during pregnancy?
- Does yaz make your breast hurt?
- Talk to a dentist online for free