Doctor insights on:
Does Alcohol Delay Your Period
Hormone issues: Alcohol has significan liver effects and this is where your hormones are also metabolized. Weight loss and weight gain alters your body fat content and your hormones like testosterone are stored and re-released from your body fat, which is why significant weight loss can cause amenorrhea and weight gain can alter menses as well. ...Read more
How does Plan B affect the ovulation if used before? Does it stop it altogether or delay? And if delay by how long?
Typical with Plan B: Plan b essentially disrupts the normal menstrual cycle by blocking or delaying ovulation. That it is how it works and why it is so different than a medical abortion. Irregular bleeding after taking Plan B is not rare. Always check a pregnancy test after using Plan B and see a doctor to start a better form of birth control. ...Read more
Yes, it's possible.: Reasons for missed/late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight ^ or v, over-exercise, endurance athletics, breast-feeding, ^ stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), anovulatory cycle (no egg released), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, meds (i.e., birth control) or medical problems. #1 reason is pregnancy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Does drinking alcohol delay your period?
- Does drinking delay your period?
- Does ibuprofen delay your period?
- Does fasting delay your period?
- Does birth control delay your period?
- Does taking antibiotics delay your period?
- Does a lot of exercise delay your period?
- Does plan b delay your next period?
- Does stress delay your period?