Doctor insights on:
Does Alcohol Delay Your Period
I was taking northistorone tablets for a week and have now bieng of them for 4 days and my period has still not come ... Can alcohol delay a period?
Wait a few more days: I presume you mean norethisterone/norethindrone. Once you finish the seven to ten days of this med you should wait up to a week for the period to come. If it does not you need to see your gyn for continued evaluation and possible bloodwork. There is no evidence that short-term alcohol use would affect this. ...Read more
Not generally: While some drugs can affect hormonal cycles, alcohol consumption is generally not one of these. That being said, chronic alcohol abuse can cause vitamin deficiencies and be associated with other unhealthy behaviors that ultimately can result in changes to hormonal balance. ...Read more
Anatomy: No. Not in any way. Your period happens when the ovary readied egg is not impregnated. The lining of the uterus then sloughs off and the cycle is readied all over again. Your vagina has nothing to do with your menstrual cycle other than as a conduit to semen to impregnate the egg. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does drinking alcohol delay your period?
- Does fasting delay your period?
- Does drinking alcohol stop your period?
- Does ibuprofen delay your period?
- Does fish oil delay your period?
- Does amoxicillin delay your period?
- Does alcohol stop your period?
- Does drinking delay your period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free