Doctor insights on:
Does Alcohol Contain Iron
If you take too much: If you take more iron than you actually need to this can cause an overload of iron in your liver and as a consequence unwanted inflammation of it. In order to know if you are actually in need of iron supplement you need to have blood work done. Regular multivitamins contain a balanced iron supplement if you take them as prescribed. Follow up with your doctor on this. ...Read more
Yes, however...: Prenavite has 28 mg of Iron as Ferrous fumarate; this is enough for some but some women may need more, though you should also try to eat foods rich in iron- see http://tinyurl.com/dbr22 Prenavite is OK but I don't like that it has artificial colors and chemicals like titanium dioxide and propylene glycol that are best avoided. I advise better quality prenatals such as Rainbow Light's Prenatal One. ...Read more
God made it so: Many plants -- including grapes, tree bark, and tea -- contain tannins. These are the plant's self-protective compounds that counteract bacteria and fungi by interfering with their surface proteins. They also discourage herbivores from eating them, with that "puckery" effect on the mouth plus interfering with digestion. Adding milk to tea allows tannins to attack the milk, rather than your mouth. ...Read more
Vitamins: Most vitamins don't affect BP but need to know content of specific one you take. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does low iron level affect alcohol consumption?
- Does throwing up after drinking alcohol mean you have alcohol poisoning?
- Does kombucha contain alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while detoxing?
- Does fish oil contain iron?
- List of foods that contain alcohol
- Does benadryl contain alcohol?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free