Doctor insights on:
Does Abilify Cause Drowsiness
Some thoughts: Hello. I don't know what it is being used for, when started or dosage. The sleepiness can be used to your advantage by taking it at night. I sometimes start folks on doses as low as 2 mg (but never higher than 5mg ) so that they can adjust to the medication. It can be titrated upward from there. It can also be taken in divided doses. Discuss some of these options with your prescribing provider. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Abilify (aripiprazole) is an atypical antipsychotic with a unique mechanism of action. As with most atypical agents it is probably prescribed more often for mood disorders than psychotic disorders (like schizophrenia). It's associated with fewer movement side effects (eps) than the typical antipsychotics. It's unique mechanism of action is that it both stimulates ...Read more
Will nuvigil help with drowsiness caused by fluoxetine?Fluoxetine seems to be working. My suicidal thoughts have decreased but i'm fall asleep @work
FIRST THOUGHTS: Nuvigil will help with sleepiness. However it seems like the flluoxetine hasn't done enough. Ask your dr about adding 1-2mg of abilify, and see if the combination helps with suicidal thoughts. Also be sure that falling asleep really is the fluoxetine. Might be depression. Remember if you did that before the meds. Mainly see the dr and wrap this up tighter good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does amoxicillin cause drowsiness or hyperactivity?
- Does chlorpheniramine maleate cause drowsiness?
- Does abilify cause weight gain or loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does tylenol cause drowsiness?
- Does meloxicam cause drowsiness?
- Does acetaminophen cause drowsiness?
- Does benadryl cause drowsiness?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free