Doctor insights on:
Does A Tetanus Shot Hurt
FewMinutesTo2to3days: Most of the time Tetanus shot given as DT or Tdap as combination shot with Diptheria and Pertussis only causes pain or discomfort at the time of injection.But some times you can get a reaction to the shot with little swelling at the site of injection and hurt may last 2to3 days In children it is always given as DPT and also given with 2or3 other shots and hurt may be due to multiple shots 2to3days ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Few Minutes to2-3DAY: Most of the time there is only slight pain or discomfort lasting few minute.But some patients get a local reaction with swelling and pain and may last 2to3 days Most adult patients in my experience do not complain of pain at all.Children will cry when the shot is given.Some children may get a reaction and will be fussy for couple of days and may have slight swelling as we give more than one shot ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My jaw hurts when i try to open it. I have had my tetanus shot. This has been ongoing for a week. The pain is especially bad when i try to eat.?
My tetanus shot hurts me a little after 5 days. No redness or fever, just liitle pain. Is that normal? When pain will subside completely?
I had a tetanus shot 2 days ago. It is a hard lump where i got the shot and my arm really hurts there. Is this normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a tetanus shot hurt?
- Why does a tetanus shot hurt?
- How bad does a tetanus shot hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is my arm going to hurt after getting a tetanus shot?
- For how long does a tetanus shot make your arm sore
- How bad does a cut have to be to get tetanus shot?
- Why does a tetanus shot make your arm sore?
- Talk to a pediatrician online