Doctor insights on:
Does A Rectovaginal Exam Give You A Funny Feeling
Why did palpating the rectovaginal wall during the digital rectal exam to diagnose a fistula cause me sharp short-lived pain? Is it common in females?
Probably hot.: Unless symptoms and complaints of things like hemorrhoids or changes in bowel habits warrant it, this exam would probably not be done, and not with a pap, which is a swab of the cervix. This would have no connection/involvement with the rectum, unless by some possible abnormality. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Discharge,irritation: A rectovaginal fistula is an abnormal connection between the rectum and the vagina. This could cause discharge of stool from the vagina, as well as irritation and pain around the area. If you have a rectovaginal fistula, you should be evaluated by a physician who can help you. ...Read more
Rectovaginal fistula: This is a complex problem where you have developed an abnormal connection between the rectum (or other part of the colon) and the vagina. Depending on the cause of the fistfuls would dictate best treatment options. For Example if this was from diverticulitis, surgery would be the best option but if this was from Cohn's then medications may heal this. I suggest discussing with a surgeon ...Read more
What exactly is the risk of leaving a small rectovaginal fistula alone?Will surgical repair cause more complications w/thin septum from prior lar/tme?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does fish oil give you a bigger butt?
- Does hibiscus tea give you a headache?
- Why does blood from different fingers give you a different blood sugar reading?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does working out give you a big butt?
- Does drinking alcohol give you a poor appetite?
- Does working on a computer everyday give you bad back amd eye problems?
- Can diabetic neuropathy give a feeling like you legs are numb?
- If you get a prostate exam and like the feeling does it mean you will be gay