Doctor insights on:
Does A Nasal Cannula Irritate The Nosehair
My doc wants me to be on my nasal cannula after my c hyst. Why? I was healthy till they operated on me.
Huh?: As an ent, I have never heard of a peripheral nasal cannula to stop nosebleeds. I am assuming you are referring to some type of nasal packing. Usually there is a string or something attached if it needs to be removed, but might not have anything for you to see. You should see the doctor who put it in for the correct followup. You may not be able to see it. ...Read more
What safety precautions should a home health aide take when a patient is receiving oxygen through a nasal cannula?
O2: http://downloads.lww.com/wolterskluwer_vitalstream_com/sample-content/9780781788786_Craven/samples/mod09/topic2a/text.htmlGet a more detailed answer ›
Likely: There is a good chance it will, especially if it's not humidified. It also depends on the flow, though. ...Read more
What can I use in my nose to keep it from drying out from using oxygen through a cannula at nighttime?
Not Petrolatum!: Use a lanolin based cream applied with a Q-tip. Hope this helps. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does alcohol irritate hemorrhoids?
- Does cheese irritate diverticulitis?
- Does curry irritate pancreatitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does coffee irritate hemorrhoids?
- Does spicy food irritate hemorrhoids?
- Does caffeine irritate your bladder?
- Does beer irritate kidney stones?
- Nasal cannula