Doctor insights on:
Does A High Protein Diet Lead To Amyloidosis
refers to all the physical matter humans (like all living creatures) must take in on a recurring basis; only partially for energy. Like all life on planet humans are open systems which keep tearing down their structure & require intake of atoms/molecules from which to rebuild their structure. Intestinal lining cells replaced ~every 3 days. CaPO4 in bones ~every 6 years, ...Read more
Yes: Yes, absolutely. Lots of dietary regimens now realize the benefit of the protein diet and low carbohydrates. Gary taubes book why we get fat would be a good place to start..Also, dr. Scott rigdon. The ultimate metabolism diet.. A very informative book... Check with your doctor before you start your weight loss program. ...Read more
Not really: Not to a significant extent.Get a more detailed answer ›
Protein and bread: Hi, in general, moderation goes a long way. (i know, the term "moderation" is so overused and hard to define. Still...). A high-protein diet combined with a small portions of bread can be a useful approach to managing weight. You might consider using breads that are lower in glycemic load, such as sprouted wheat (or "flourless") breads (available at trader joe's or ezekiel brand). ...Read more
No and no: generally this is for weight loss. The diet works either by making people so miserable that they don't eat, or loss of some muscle glycogen, or changing the cues for eating. All of these will be messed up by even small amounts of bread. Furthermore, the whole question implies trying to get out of eating less and exercising more and how to bail out on dieting. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Protein diets lead heart amyloidosis
- Does a high protein diet cause joints to ache?
- Does a high protein diet increase testosterone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does a high protein diet make you gain weight?
- How does a high protein diet affect coumadin intake?
- Why does a high protein diet increase urine output?
- Why does a high protein diet help you lose weight?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free