Doctor insights on:
Doctors Specializing In Lyme Disease
Why is the topic of chronic Lyme disease so controversial and do all infectious disease doctors specialize in Lyme disease treatment?
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Where is the best place to start a search for the top doctors in a specialty? Need to find a Lyme disease expert! thank you doctors!
Check their society: Most all diseases, pathology, etc, have a society/organization dedicated to that interest. They would be the best source for information. Games like healthtap are for fun (as stated on their website) and online rating sites are highly unreliable since anyone (including nonpatients, rival doctors, fired staff, etc) can post anonymous reviews. Good luck, i hope this helped! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Any doctors in Saint Louis who are expierenced in treating patients with Lyme disease or chronic lyme?
For physical exam blood tests, Do doctors usually check for Lyme disease or does it get noticed in the blood? Does that have to be requested?
Can chronic Lyme disease cause cardiovascular problems? If so what are they and which type of doctor should be seen?
No: Routine blood work should not include testing for Lyme disease. The test is only to be run if there is suspicion that the individual has been infected and has the disease. Cholesterol and blood sugar are good screening tests. Tests for rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Lyme disease are NOT screening tests as there are many false positives. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which type of doctor specializes in peripheral vascular diseases
- Doctors who specialize in lung diseases and cancer
- What type of doctor specializes in tailbone pain for teenagers?
- How long does it take for lyme disease show up in blood stream?
- What type of doctor treats lyme disease?
- Which doctor specializes in vitamin d deficiency
- What kind of doctor specializes in vitamin d deficiency?
- Could lyme disease cause pain in ribs while breathing in deeply
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free