Doctor insights on:
Doctor Prescribe Pain Medication
No easy answer: It is difficult to say why your doctor won't prescribe a stronger pain medication without knowing the details of your specific clinical situation. However, rarely is pain medication the answer as these are only pain "maskers", whereas we want to look for the source of the pain and treat the cause of the pain. Discuss this with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not your call.: I am always "frightened"by patients who believe they need pain meds, usually, no always meaning narcotics. They almost always have "tasted" these drugs before, frequently inappropriately! your doctor is the best arbitor of this, hopefully a creditable one. Very few patients need narcotic therapy. Narcotics are grossly overprescribed! you are male-they will kill your masculinity! great trade off! ...Read more
Not necessarily: May try a different class of drugs or look at non-pharmacologic options. ...Read more
Fibromyalgia: The current feeling is avoid using opioids in fibromyalgia. This does not mean that in severe cases opioids should not be used. Docotrs have to justify their prescription - so if the exam shows no objective findings then there would be no indication to write for an opioid - just saying "i have pain" is not enough. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My doctor did not prescribe any medication for the pain, its there anything you would suggest I ask for?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are so many doctors hesitant to prescribe pain medications for fibromyalgia?
- Pain medication and fibromyalgia
- Psychiatrist prescribe medications chronic pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Doctor prescribe anti depressant treat shingles pain
- Pain management doctors who accept medicaid
- What doctor to see for testicle pain?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for testicle pain?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free