Doctor insights on:
Do Your Eyes Ache When Wearing Glasses For Long Periods Of Time
Whenever i spend time in the sun or expose my face to wind, my eyes become puffy red and sore. strong sun cream and glasses dont work. anything to do?
Glasses weaken eyes?: No. People over 40 often think that wearing readers made their eyes weaker. Presbyopia is a natural condition that occurs around 40 where the focusing power (accommodation) gradually declines over 30 years due to gradual hardening of the natural lens of the eye. The amount of reading power you need to replace gradually increases every 2-3 years. Vision w readers is better; they want glasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Your eyes may feel misaligned with certain glasses prescriptions, especially those where the lenses are very different from each other or the axis of astigmatism is different on each side. If the glasses are made poorly and the optical centers aren't lined up with your pupils, you can see the effect of induced prism, causing double vision or eye strain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hello there.My eyes burn sometimes and gets red and , my eyes look kinda like yellow all the time. I started wearing glasses too recently.Need help.
A few possibilities: This could be due to allergies, dry eyes, or eye infections. The treatments are very different. For allergies, zaditor (ketotifen) is a good otc eye medicine. For dry eyes, lubricating tears are necessary. For infection, usually of the eyelids, start with eyelid warm compress and diluted baby shampoo scrubs. Rarely, this could also be eye inflammation, uveitis. You need an exam with your eye doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Fight time wearing glasses and weird feeling eyes
- When start wearing glasses full time
- Can wearing glasses damage your eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens when you close your eyes too long while wearing contacts?
- Can your eye color change when you start wearing glasses?
- Do i stop wearing glasses when i have headache?
- What happens when you wear glasses for long time?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free