Doctor insights on:
Do You Put Alcohol In An Earache
Not a good idea!: Will not help a mid ear infection-need an oral antibiotic. May cause significant burning in an ear canal (outer ear) infection. Severe burning if you have hole in eardrum with infection. Only ok, mixed with white vinegar, for ear canal drying/cleaning, if no canal inflammation & no eardrum perforation. See an otology/ent md for treatment. ...Read more
Ever since an ear ache i always get water in ear which stays for days even with alcohol treatment . Alcohol treatment also stays in ear for days.Why?
Dont put it in ear: If you are feeling liquid in your ear, it may be a discharge from a middle ear infection with a hole in the eardrum. Do not put alcohol into your ear. It is toxic to tissues, and if you have a perforated eardrum it can cause damage to the delicate structures of the middle ear. See your health care provider and/or an ear, nose and throat specialist. ...Read more
External otitis: I'm assuming you have external otitis (swimmers ear). The pain should decrease shortly after the wick placed and eardrops and antibiotics started. The wick is blocking hearing, so you're hearing will not be resotred until the wick is removed. Make sure you're ear is being managed by an ENT doc. ...Read more
Hi, my daughged has earache. I that i can put a drop of vegtable oil mixed with water in it? Is this true? I dont have any olive oil right now.
Try paracetamol: Vegetable oil won't hurt her but is not likely to help her ear. ...Read more
Had a tube put into left ear on 1/27. Have an earache today. Is this normal or should I be worried?
Tube: Should relieve pain and allow for drainage. Have it checked, it may be plugged or blocked in which case you would require ear drops. All the best. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i put drops of rubbing alcohol into my ears to cure an earache?
- How do you beat an etg hair alcohol test?
- What to do for an earache in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you live if you have an infection in your blood?
- How do you get an infection in your colon?
- Do you always get sweats and shaking in alcohol withdrawal?
- Can you have pe tubes put in at an office visit?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free