Doctor insights on:
Do You Ovulate After Conception
1-2 days.: The egg lives for 1-2 days after release during ovulation, so conception must occur during that period. Remember that the sperm can live up to 5 days in the female genital tract, so intercourse before ovulation can also result in conception (-5 to +2 days from ovulation date is your fertile week each cycle - of course ovulation can vary in timing, which is why ovulation prediction kits help). ...Read more
What do you know?: "what you know" will give you the answer. For example, if a woman knows her lmp (the start of her last period) and she knows she ovulates later than 2 weeks after that, then her estimated date of conception will be more than 2 weeks after her lmp. If she knows her ovulation date but not her lmp, then yes we simply label whatever day is 2 weeks before her ovulation as the start of her pregnancy. ...Read more
Easy: Ovulation is when the ovary releases the egg. Conception is when the fertilized egg is implanted. After the egg is released, it has to get into the tube and reach the uterus. During that time it also has to meet up with the sperm so that it can get fertilized. The time this takes can also vary based on where the egg meets up with the sperm. ...Read more
If my estimated date of conception is 16 days after my LMP does that mean i most likely ovulated a lil later ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do you still ovulate after conception?
- How long after conception do you feel cramping?
- How many days after your period ends do you ovulate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after cervical mucus do you ovulate?
- Do you still ovulate after a partial hysterectomy?
- How long do you stay bloated after ovulating?
- How soon do you ovulate after taking clomid?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free