Doctor insights on:
Do You Ovulate After Conception
1-2 days.: The egg lives for 1-2 days after release during ovulation, so conception must occur during that period. Remember that the sperm can live up to 5 days in the female genital tract, so intercourse before ovulation can also result in conception (-5 to +2 days from ovulation date is your fertile week each cycle - of course ovulation can vary in timing, which is why ovulation prediction kits help). ...Read more
Fertilization: The sperm will fertilize the egg within 12 - 48 hours after ovulation. However, after fertilization, it takes the embryo 2-3 days to travel down the fallopian tube into the uterus where it will implant, technically, you would have conceived by this point but won't know until the pregnancy implants and stas to develop. 4-7 days after implantation is when you will have a positive blood/urine test. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do you still ovulate after conception?
- Do you bleed after conception?
- Do you get cervical mucus after conception?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you feel different after conception?
- Do you get cramps after conception?
- Will ovulation stop after conception
- Signs of conception after ovulation
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free