Doctor insights on:
Do You Need Your Thyroid
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do you need to be npo before a thyroid scan?
- Do you need to fast for a thyroid test?
- Do you need to fast for the thyroid antibody test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you need to brush your tongue?
- If you sprain your ankle do you need crutches
- How do you know if your thyroid is not working?
- How much fiber do you need in your daily diet?
- Do you need your thyroid gland?