Doctor insights on:
Do You Need Braces If You Have A Gap
Perhaps: I would hope you want the best looking, healthiest teeth ; have it remain that way for the rest of your life. There are options ; what is best varies from patient to patient. Ideally we would hope that orthodontic treatment alone can resolve gaps due to misaligned teeth. If the problem is instead due to variance in tooth contour harmony such as size, other restorative options may be the solution. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See an Orthodontist: Gaps between teeth are very common, and can be caused by a variety of conditions. You should see an orthodontist for evaluation and diagnosis. Then you and the orthodontist will discuss the overall treatment plan and prognosis. ...Read more
What else?: What else is going on? Are teeth to narrow? Are they out of position? If teeth moved to close space, space opens on either side of th 2 teeth that are moved. Everyone's different. Go see an othodontic specialist for an individualized evaluation. ...Read more
Several: Invisalign, clear braces, or lingual (invisible) braces are all alternatives. Cosmetic dentistry may be an option in some minor cases. Beware of "quick fix do-it-yourself" options from the internet as you may end up with disaster. Best to seek an opinion from a licensed orthodontic specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If you have an overbite do you need braces
- How long do you need to wear braces if you have an overbite?
- Do you need braces for an overbite?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i have an overbite do i need braces
- How long do you need braces for?
- Do you need rubber bands for braces?
- How long do you need to wear braces?
- How long do you need braces for a small gap?