Doctor insights on:
Do You Have To Take Antibiotics For Strep Throat
You MUST...: ...Take antibiotics for strep throat. The symptoms will go away on their own. The reason we treat strep throat is to avoid complications like damage to your heart and kidneys. There is no alternative medical treatment (homeopathy, herbs, etc.). When i was in homeopathy class, one of my classmates asked the instructor how to homeopathically treat strep; he said "use penicillin.". ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not necessarily: Unless a complication has occurred due to lack of tx. ...Read more
I'm taking an antibiotic for strep throat. I take it at 10 AM 3 PM and then 8 PM is it OK regiment
My husband takes a antibiotic for strep throat. We had sex monday morning and 11:30 pm. He said it stung a little when he urinated. I may have yeast?
Not sure.: Unlikely that he has infection. Much more likely that he has irritation which should get better with time. However, although not mentioned specifically i assume he is taking ant rejection meds for his kidney. In that case should watch carefully for further signs that things are not going well. ...Read more
7 yr old on day 9 of 10 augmentin for strep throat ENT said could still see little strep on tonsils does he need more days to take antibtics no fever ?
Is it really necessary to get an antibiotic for strep throat or can I let my body fight it naturally?
I have an antibiotic for my strep throat but if my partner sleeps in the same bed as me is he likely to get it too?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i have to take antibiotics for strep throat?
- What antibiotic do you take for strep throat?
- Do you have to take antibiotics for uti?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to take microgynon 30 for in order for it to be effective?
- How long do you have to take the pill for it to be effective?
- How long do antibiotics take to work for strep?
- How long do you have to take medication for hypothyroidism?
- Talk to a pediatrician online