Doctor insights on:
Do You Have To Take An Anesthetic Injection Before Getting A Cavity Filled
Not necessarily: Some cavities are quite near the surface of the tooth. They can be filled without needing any numbing medication. Deeper cavities which are nearer to the root of the tooth may require local anesthesia to be filled comfortably. Your dentist will advise you as to the best way to have dental work done safely and comfortably. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can I drink alcohol (glass of wine) the night before getting a tooth cavity filled (novocaine injection likely)? Or are there significant risks?
How does a dentist know how to not hit a nerve when giving the injections?Im getting lower molar cavities filled by student dentist soon&i am scared.
Dental injections: We are aiming for around the nerve area (see picture), we very rarely touch the actual nerve. If we do, you may feel a shock for a second but don't worry it generally doesn't do permanent damage to the nerve. There is usually a dentist supervising the students as well if they are new. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had 2 cavities filled on my left lower molders last thursday, one novicaine injection. Over the past few days I've had an increase in pain in my left ear, jaw, and temporal region. It is painful yet ibuprofen seems to help for several hours. I called my
See your dentist: See your dentist. Variables are, the bite may be high therefore creating a disparity in occlusion and thus pain, or the tooth may need a sedative restoration to be placed or the tooth may need a root canal. Upon careful radiographic and clinical examination, the dentist will ascertain your problem. The area may also just need time to heal if it was a deep restoration. ...Read more
I have 9 cavities that are getting filled tomorrow. How long does it take and is it going to be painful?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do you have to wait a year before getting a tattoo over a scar?
- Do i have to get some blood tests before doing a botox injections?
- How long do you have to take anti tb mycobacterium medication before an ivf?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have after a ruptured spleen to get to the hospital?
- How long after getting an open wound cut do you have to get stitches?
- Do you have to fast the day before a hba1c test?
- Do you have to get wisdom teeth removed before braces?
- Talk to a anesthesiologist online for free