Doctor insights on:
Do You Have To Put A Splint On A Sprained Finger
Finger splint: To lessen mobility of finger & reduce discomfort, so that it can heal faster. ...Read more
I sprained my index finger on Saturday and on Sunday I Googled my symptoms and it comes up with a sprained finger, I brought a finger splint today, I can still move it, and the pain is subsiding a bit now. Just wondering how long should I keep it on?
Keep moving: The movement is definitely a good thing. You don't want to completely NOT move it for a week because that will cause unnecessary stiffness and likely cause the healing to be longer than it would normally. Typically somewhere between 5-7 days depending on how the finger is feeling. It's not an exact science. And just so you know, I can't see the last part of your question on here- sorry! Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This may depend on : the finger involved and as to exactly what specific type of injury that was sustained. The most common type of splinting for simple injuries is buddy taping where one finger is taped to the adjacent one for stability but still allow for range of motion to avoid stiffness. See you doctor for an opinion. ...Read more
The doctor said I have a badly sprained finger and said to keep a splint on it how long should I keep it on?
R.I.C.E.: Rest (limit your activities with the finger), immobilization (with a splint to limit movement), cold (packs of ice, 20 mins on, then 20 mins. Off) and elevation (above the heart, whenever possible to reduce swelling). If r.I.C.E. Does not provide sufficient relief, or if you are in severe pain, then it's time to see you doctor to confirm the diagnosis. Over the counter tylenol or Motrin can help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i need to see a doctor if i have sprained finger?
- How long do you have to run on a treadmill to lose a pound?
- Would an ovarian cyst show up on a ct or do you need to have an ultrasound
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to wait to play sports again with a sprained ankle?
- Do you have to use a laxative salt water flush on the lemonade diet?
- Do you have to avoid foods that contain fiber if you are on a low sodium diet?
- What to do when you have a sprained ankle?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free