Doctor insights on:
Do You Have To Break Toes To Fix A Claw Toe
Pain/shoe irritation: Claw toes are the contracture of both joints in a toe. Symptoms can include the top of the toe rubbing in the shoe and/or the tip of the toe becoming painful or callusing due to abnormal pressure. Padding can be helpful, but surgery may be necessary depending on severity of symptom/problem. Foothealthfacts.Org. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Contracture: Each of the smaller toes in your foot has two joints (or knuckles). They are the proximal interphalangeal joint (this is the one closest the main part of the foot) and the distal interphalangeal joint (closest to the end of the toe). When both of these joints are contracted, you have a claw toe. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Contracted toes: Claw toe is a buckling of the toe(s). The toe is in a "c" shape. Sometimes it can be flexible(you can straighten it out). Other times it can be rigid(won't straighten out). This is a structural deformity. Conservative care consists a taller toebox shoe. Some padding can help with symptoms. Usually surgical straightening is needed if conservative care is not successful. Dr l. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bent toe.: People can get hammertoes several different ways, including just an unlucky roll of the genetic dice, but the fundamental result is usually the same: a toe that has drawn back and no longer sits straight or "flat". Sometimes it's only a tendon that holds the toe in that position, other times there's arthritis involved: these tend to be more rigid, and require surgery if you want them corrected. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Claw toes or hammertoes are deformities of the toes due to an imbalance of muscles and tendons of the foot. Initially symptoms may be mild and the contracture of the toe is flexible. If left untreated the deformity can progress to a fixed deformity that is stiff and inflexible. Surgery often involved arthroplasty (removal of the joint) or fusion (arthrodesis) of the joint. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to tell if you have a corn on your toe?
- I have discoloration on pinky toe after removing a corn how do i get color to come back
- How old do you have to be to fix a lazy eye without surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have after a ruptured spleen to get to the hospital?
- Do you have to fast the day before a hba1c test?
- How long do you have wait to have sex after a broken hip?
- Do you have to fast for a drug test?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free