Doctor insights on:
Do You Get Less Fertile The Closer To Your Period
Ovulation: You are fertile when the ovary releases the readied egg. This process is known as ovulation. Sperm, which can live up to five days inside of the female, can cause pregnancy if left in the vagina on any of the five days before ovulation. Ovulation happens just shy of half way through the menstrual cycle. ...Read more
I have irregular periods, wondering if you still get your period while on the pillwith the white pill does this mean you will be-fertile after the pill?
Period on the pill?: A period occurs while on birth control, during the inactive (placebo) pills, because there are no hormones in inactive pills. Sometimes there's some spotting while on the active pills, but if a woman is taking her pills correctly, she is still presumed protected against pregnancy even with spotting between periods. If she was young and fertile before using pills, she's probably fertile afterward. ...Read more
How likely is it to get pregnant the week between end of your period and before you're fertility stage?
Conception: In teens the time of ovulation can vary and your time of ovulation can occur when you wouldn't expect it using the cycle timing or rhythm method. Alot of young women thinks its ok to have unprotected sex right before and right after a period. I don't recommend that. Its that sort of thought that keeps my practice full of teen pregnancies. Consider at least a condom or birth control instead. ...Read more
No: your most fertile period is usually 14 days before your period starts ...Read more
Mid -cycle: You would be most fertile mid-cycle, about 10-14 days after your cycle ends. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do you still get your period on the depo-provera shot?
- How do you get your period to go away faster?
- Are you less likely to get pregnant after your period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you get your period to stop faster?
- How do you get your period to stop?
- Do you need to have your period to get pregnant?
- How do you get your period to end faster?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free