Doctor insights on:
Do You Get Crutches For A Broken Toe
Depends: Depending on the severity and location of the fracture, you would be placed either in a cast or a splint. If the fracture involves multiple fragments of bone or extends into a joint or the fragments have separated significantly, you need surgery to fix the bones with screws and plates. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on fx: Some ulna fractures do not require a cast. Others may actually require surgery. A lot depends on the location of your ulna fracture; is it close to the wrist? Or is it near the elbow? Is it displaced? It would be best to discuss this with an Orthopaedic surgeon who can examine you and review your xrays. Some ulna fractures may be treated in a long arm cast that immobilizes both your wrist and elbo ...Read more
Sometimes: Depends on interference by pain with walking.If you have a broken toe or toes you may have to wear short-leg walking cast, a brace, or a rigid, flat-bottom shoe. It can take six to eight weeks for bone to heal, depending on the location and extent of the injury. Obviously rest is important. Should be evaluated by orthopedic doctor, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually no: The treatment of toe fractures is generally with buddy splinting the toe to its neighbor and possibly surgery if there is any concern for joint involvement that would place the patient at higher risk for development of late stage arthritis in joint that is used heavily. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i need crutches for a broken toe?
- Do you get crutches for a sprained ankle?
- What are the symptoms if you get a broken toe?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do you do if your big toe is broken?
- What can you do for a broken little toe?
- How do you fix a broken big toe?
- How do you help heal a broken toe?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free