Doctor insights on:
Do You Ever Get Over Lyme Disease
Lyme is caused by borrelia burgdorferi. Acute symptoms can include bullseye rash, headaches, joint pain, fever, and flu like sx. Chronic symptoms can include fibromyalgia symptoms, nerve pain in extremities, mood swings, brain fog, heart problems. Lab diagnosis is not very reliable, and sometimes clinical ...Read more
Never heard of: Although one can imagine that a tick could have attached to the intestinal lining and thereby transmitting the infection, it is likely that the tick would not have survived the passage in the stomach where there are acid and enzymes. At any rate, I am not aware of this mode of transmission. ...Read more
Where can I get Lyme Disease testing in Burien or Renton, WA.
Any doctors specialize in this area?
I get irregular patches of goosebumps when I am not cold at all. Could this be caused by Lyme Disease? If not, what could be the cause?
Bite of infected tic: Lime disease is spread by ticks that have acquired the germ in the past and it stays in their system. A tick bite from another of the same species without the ld germ will not do it. The tick must get on your body, settle in for a feeding & feed long enough to pass the germ to you (hours). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: There is no permanent immunity.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do you ever get rid of lyme disease?
- How do you get rid of lyme disease?
- How do you get tested for lyme disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Once you have lyme disease do you always have it
- How do you treat lyme disease?
- Can you get lyme disease from a dog?
- Can you get lyme disease from fleas?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free