Doctor insights on:
Do Wearing Contacts Contribute To Eye Pressure
Depends: I am guessing that you want to wear them for cosmetic reasons only - i.e. Those halloween type lenses that make the eyes look weird or that you want to change your eye color. If lenses of these types are properly fitted and taken care of with the usual careful handling, changing and cleaning, then they pose no more risk than lenses worn for optical purposes. ...Read more
My left eye have being tearing for 3weeks. I stop wearing contacts lenses but is still the same. What should I do?
Limit Wear: Eye allergies also known as allergic conjunctivitis is best treated with topicalantihistamines or oral antihistamines such as claritin, Allegra or zyrtec. The cornea is very irritated , so wearing contact lenses will be uncomfortable. Best choice is to limit your contact lens wear to only the time that you have to. ...Read more
Almost always: Unless you are being treated for active corneal disease, in which case you should not be wearing your contacts, most eye drops for treatment such as glaucoma and eyedryness will not interfere with contact wear and there shouldn't be a problem if you are following the rules of wearing the contacts. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Contacts and eye drops
- What do doctors do to check your eye pressure?
- Is there anything you can do to reduce glaucoma eye pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after eye dilation do eyes return to normal?
- How do i get swelling above my eye to go down?
- What to do if you get vicks vapo rub in your eye?
- Is it normal to feel intense pressure on your eye when you blow your nose?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free