Doctor insights on:
Do They Usually Shave Women Before They Insert A Urinary Catheter
A catheter is a thin plastic tube that is inserted into the body to obtain fluids/blood or give medicine. So some catheters can be placed in the veins and medicine given directly into the body, IV fluids given or blood sampled. A catheter can be placed in the bladder ...Read more
Is it contraindicated to insert a urinary catheter into a patient who has a myocardial infarction?
No: Likely indicated since they will be in bed, and to monitor intake and output. ...Read more
What could happen if urinary catheter inflow and outflow tubes are switched around and incorrectly inserted?
This may happen...: I assumed you mean using a 3-way indwelling catheter. If so, connecting the inflowing irrigation fluid to the large pore will soon develop severe bladder distention and make the patient go through roof. Normally, the irrigating fluid is supposed to be connected to the smaller pore. Such professional oddity has rarely happened so it's worthwhile to pay attention to the details of the procedures. ...Read more
19/female urinary catheter due to retention. Bloody catheter & burning sensation. been tested for UTI & its negative - any idea how to stop the pain?
Need to know cause: It is not normal to have urinary retention at age 19 unless you have other medical issues. The key here is to identify the underlying cause of your urinary retention. This way a catheter can be avoided. See a Urologist or a Urogynecologist to determine what is going on and what the next steps might be. ...Read more
Will it hurt getting a female urinary catheter ? I know it will be uncomfortable but will it sting or burn?
Im 18 and its for a VCUG
No not at all: no it will not hurt first they will make it very comfortable for you and second it is embarrassing but not painful they do this every day ,the staff knows your are anxious about it and they know how to keep you and make you more comfortable. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do they insert a catheter?
- How long do people usually live with breast cancer before they die?
- I brush my teeth two or three times a day and they are still yellow what to do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do people usually live after they get congestive heart failure?
- Do some women get a swollen face before their periods?
- Do men get sick when they get a woman pregnant?
- How often do you have to have tonsillitis before they should be removed?
- Talk to a urologist online for free