Doctor insights on:
Do The Tommy Copper Products Being Sold For Arthritis Work
No: The overall answer is no. There are no simple treatments for arthritis like a copper bracelet. However, will you find people who swear their arthritis is gone after using such treatment? Yes u will. All i can say is they most likely did not have arthritis to start. Arthritis can be treated well but it is a lifelong treatment just like diabetes and high blood pressure for example. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: There is no over the counter product that works well for weight loss. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A few: Most supplements have poor evidence for efficacy in pain states. That stated, Alpha lipoic acid, acetylcarnitine, and fish oil have some evidence that they help for neuropathic pain, specifically diabetic neuropathy. Perhaps 1/5 of my patients who try this decide to stay on the supplements because they are beneficial. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See 2 more doctor answers
Be careful : Eat a healthy, well balanced diet and stay close to your ideal body weight so affected joints have less extra weight to carry around. Get plenty of rest and exercise and decrease stress be aware that many supplements interfere with or enhance effects of medications you're already taking. For example, a number of supplements increase the effects of blood-thinning medications. Check with your doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do inversion tables work for a pinched nerve in the neck?
- Do you think those occuvite vitamins for the eye really work?
- Can you get rabies by being in the same room with a rabid animal work for vet?
- Is there anything i can do for the swelling in my toe due to psoriatic arthritis?
- Do you know of any diet pills that work for just the stomach?
- Do the breast pumps for enlarging breasts actually work?
- Are there any natural products that work for both weight control and arthritis?
- What to do for arthritis in the knee?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free