Doctor insights on:
Do Symptoms Like Tonsillitis Go Away Quickly
Not usually: Infected or inflamed tonsils can be quite painful. A bacterial infection will usually respond in a couple of days to antibiotics - there are medications to minimize the discomfort while the antibiotics are working (throat lozenges, nsaid's, prescription pain medications, etc). Viral tonsillitis requires time to resolve - the same pain meds noted above can help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tonsillitis: Consult an ENT specialist.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: If you have a viral infection involving the tonsillar tissue, it is certainly possible that your immune system can eradicate the virus in about 2 weeks. If the tonsillitis lasts for more than 2 to 3 weeks, culture and sensitivity of the tonsillar surface will tell us if it is a bacterial pathogen present and an appropriate antibiotic to use. ...Read more
Yes: Once you are better they will go away. ...Read more
Tonsillitis symptoms: Symptoms can include: throat pain, ear pain (referred from throat pain), swollen tonsils, red tonsils, white patches on tonsils swollen nodes in upper neck, fever, fatigue, body aches, pain with swallowing, voice change if symptoms persist or are severe see doctor right away if any trouble with breathing, go to er. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tonsillitis Symptoms: Acute tonsillitis, that is less than two weeks' duration, leads to sore throat, swollen lymph glands in the neck, and fever. The usually cause is a virus, but bacterial infections may occur, but are much less frequent. Chronic tonsillitis is all of the above, but usually without the fever. Go see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do symptoms like vertigo go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like impetigo go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like cyanosis go away quickly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do symptoms like night terrors go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like rotavirus infection go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like unsteady gait go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like tape worm infection go away quickly?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free