Doctor insights on:
Do Symptoms Like Renal Vein Thrombosis Go Away Quickly
Must be seen!: Very dangerous.Get a more detailed answer ›
Predisposition: Spontaneous thrombosis of a non peripheral vien suggests a possibility of underlying predisposition for clotting . Evaluation of protein c, protein s activities, d dimer, factor x and cardolipin and phosphlpid antibodies should be evaluated. All to say a fell hemotolaogic workup is necessary. If these abnormaitie exist consider smoking birthcontrol cancer as underlying triggers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
RVT: It all depends upon the cause. If the cause is cancer then successful treatment of the cancer should "cure" the rvt. If the cause is a disease in the kidney (eg. Most notably a disease called mebranous glomerulopathy) then it is not likely that there will be a "cure" since this form of kidney disease has no known "cure". Anticoagulation can help to prevent worsening of the problem. ...Read more
RVT: The presentation of renal vein thrombosis (rvt) is variable, and patients may be asymptomatic. When rvt occurs as a result of malignancy, the signs of the renal malignancy (eg, bloody urine, weight loss) predominate. The more common chronic form of rvt is generally has no symptoms. The less frequent acute form usually occurs in younger patients, with flank pain and visible blood in the urine, wh. ...Read more
I have portal vein Thrombosis due to taking estrogen/testosterone. Since I no longer take these hormones, can PVT go away on its own?
Portal Vein: Portal vein thrombosis wont go away on its own, but may recanalize on blood thinners. Best not to smoke with a history of PVT while on hormones. Often there is more than one associated clotting risk factor. Hematologist can direct anticoagulation duration. Vascular surgery input is advised. GI or vascular should follow you as varices (veins in esophagus) or ascites (belly fluid) can develop. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do symptoms like lactose intolerance go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like penile discharge go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like testicle pain go away quickly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do symptoms like bloody stools go away quickly or is it dangerous?
- Do symptoms like urine retention go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like chicken pox go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like norovirus infection go away quickly?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free