Doctor insights on:
Do Symptoms Like Impetigo Go Away Quickly
Impetigo: Impetigo is a bacterial infection of the skin caused by Staphylococcus aureus. If the infection is mild then medications like mupurocin in ointment form should be enough. If it is severe then oral antibiotics will be needed. Make sure to complete the ab course Education is important - Hand washing - wash lenin and toes in hot water -cover infected parts -use disposable tissue paper to blow nose ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What are the types of impetigo, and what are impetigo symptoms and signs? What does impetigo look like?
Blisters/crusting: Impetigo is a contagious skin infection usually caused by strep or staph. It is most common in children. There are small blisters that pop easily and then leave red, crusty areas. The honey colored fluid that drains from the blisters is full of bacteria, so it is easily spread to other people. See your doctor if you think you or your child has impetigo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
5 to 7 days: Depends on extent and severity.Get a more detailed answer ›
I get little bumps on my chin that crust over and hurt. What is this? I don't think its impetigo because they usually go away within 2-4 weeks but another one comes before the old one can heal
This : This does sound like impetigo, expecially if the crust is honey colored. Maybe you are not taking the right antibiotic, or not taking it for long enough. If you stop the treatment early for any reason, the infection can return fairly quickly. On the other hand this may be a dermatitis, allergic reaction, or even folliculitis. I recommend you go back to the doctor that treated you and be re-evaluated. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do symptoms like tonsillitis go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like vertigo go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like cyanosis go away quickly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do symptoms like night terrors go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like rotavirus infection go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like unsteady gait go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like tape worm infection go away quickly?
- Talk to a dermatologist online