Doctor insights on:
Do Symptoms From A Blood Transfusion And Complications Go Away Quickly
Itching after blood transfusion, if the transfusion is the cause, will the itching go away eventually? Sometimes there are little bumps that disappear
Yes: Itching more related to plasma in the unit so this is quickly diluted. Should resolve in short order. ...Read more
I had a blood transfusion in april because i went to the hospital due to a very rapid heart rate. my hemoglobin level was at a 6.5, lately i have been feeling the symptoms all over again. Im thinking my body is going through that all over again. Any advic
Bacterial in PLT: Transfusion is safer today than ever, but as any other intervention in medicine has risks associated with it. The infectious disease most commonly associated with transfusion is bacterial contamination in platelet components about 1 in 12, 000 transfusions. To put it in perspective HIV is about 1 in 2 million. The most common adverse event (1%) is fever and hives along with volume overload (taco). ...Read more
Those are symptoms: There can be a myriad of reactions to blood transfusions, from a simple fever to a condition called acute lung injury, which can be fatal. There can also be allergic reactions or, if the blood is mismatched, a devastating rejection reaction. Chest and back pain may be symptoms of those more severe reactions, like acute lung injury. If this happens during a blood transfusion, let the docs know. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
After a blood transfusion, and you end up with hepatitis c, is it possible to still have it even if you don't show symptoms after 22 years?
No: Patients getting a transfusion have their blood typed and examined for antibodies, and these are compared to the specific blood units being used for a transfusion. The blood being transfused is always screened for viral and bacterial contamination and used only if it is negative. There is less risk in a transfusion than in driving your car to work! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do symptoms like trouble breathing and fever go away quickly?
- I have had a headache for 5 days and no matter what i do or take it wont go away
- Do symptoms like lactose intolerance go away quickly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do symptoms like testicle pain go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like de quervain tenosynovitis go away quickly?
- Do symptoms like bloody stools go away quickly or is it dangerous?
- Do symptoms like urine retention go away quickly?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free