Doctor insights on:
Do Stretch Marks Fade If You Lose Weight
I wanted to know when you lose weight will your stretch marks go away , fade or will they stay there?
Many people resolve to lose weight in the New Year for different reasons. For those who are overweight or obese, there are many health benefits to losing weight. It can help decrease your chances of developing diseases including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and even certain types of cancer. Low-calorie diets combined with increased physical activity are thought to be most effective long term. The healthiest weight loss regimen, therefore, is one that consists of making lifestyle changes that incorporate a balanced diet ...Read more
No: Once skin is stretched the marks remain. They will be less obvious though after weight loss. The speed at which one loses weight will not affect the appearance of marks. ...Read more
Yes: People generally don't get stretch marks by losing weight. They get stretch marks by gaining weight, because as the skin gets stretched out by increasing body size, there are places in the skin where the collagen connective tissues can't hold it together anymore... Leading to a split under the skin's surface and thus a stretch mark. Dermatologists can help improve marks (laser, infrared therapy). ...Read more
Weight loss: Unfortunately, effective weight loss takes time and effort. Through a good diet and exercise program expect to lose 3-5 pounds per month. Carbohydrate restriction (breads, pastas, sugar, beans, rich desserts) may cause a bit more rapid weight loss initially. Consider talking to a nutritionist to get into an effective weight loss program. Vit E oil may help with the stretch marks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If you lose weight do stretch marks go away
- Do you get stretch marks from losing weight?
- Do you get stretch marks when you lose weight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i lose weight will my stretch marks go away
- If you dont eat after 8pm do you lose weight
- Do stretch marks appear lighter losing weight?
- Will stretch marks go away if you stop lifting weights
- Talk to a dermatologist online