Doctor insights on:
Do Short Women Have Stocky Legs
I am a 25 year old african american female with extremely long legs, long arms, and a very short torso. I suffer from mid and lower back pain. Is there a way to lengthen my torso at this age?
Nothing will: Actually make your legs shorter. If you increase the bulk of your legs, as in increase the size of your quads, hamstrings, adductors and calfs, this will give the appearance of "shorter" legs. ...Read more
Answer depends on...: How much time you have. I'd start with isometrics like wall sits, then move on to some light weights for the quads (using a machine), and heel raises for the calfs. Also, start to work on hamstring stretching which is crucial for healthy knees. Remember that resting between lift days is essential. Always give a muscle group a day off to help build back the muscle you broke down. Good luck! ...Read more
Low possibility : Depending of course on the mechanism of injury and the exact type of growth plate fracture that occurred, deformity from a growth plate injury occurs in less than 10% of patients. In all cases, the patient is closely monitored with growth to determine if the injured limb is lagging. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do shorter arms have the advantage in bench presses?
- Short legs
- Does scoliosis have anything to do with me being short and having a short neck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do women have prostates?
- Do women have estrogen?
- Where do people with a short trunk but long legs gain weight the most
- If i have shortness of breath after short exercises do i have bronchitis
- Women with shorter legs treadmills