Doctor insights on:
Do Prunes Help You Lose Weight
Prune Juice: Prune juice may stimulate bowel movements, but this would be a temporary weight loss only -- and not much at that. If you're routinely constipated, consider increasing veggies, leafy greens, whole fruits (not juice -- too high in sugars to use all the time!), and other kinds of fiber. Also plenty of fresh water daily. These will help keep your GI system in good running order. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many people resolve to lose weight in the New Year for different reasons. For those who are overweight or obese, there are many health benefits to losing weight. It can help decrease your chances of developing diseases including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and even certain types of cancer. Low-calorie diets combined with increased physical activity are thought to be most effective long term. The healthiest weight loss regimen, therefore, is one that consists of making lifestyle changes that incorporate a balanced diet ...Read more
Yes: This can be a very healthy lifestyle provided that you supplement -- you will run low on B12 quickly, and may lack usable vitamin a, vitamin d, calcium, iodine, zinc, and iron. There is no magic -- the stuff that vegans eat isn't the stuff that the rest of us gorge on, so they stay thin. The other alleged benefits are hard to demonstrate scientifically as vegans tend to have other healthy habits. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can prune juice help you lose weight?
- Will drinking prune juice help you lose weight
- Do prunes make you lose weight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will prune juice help me lose weight
- Can you lose weight by drinking prune juice?
- Do weights help you lose weight?
- Do prunes help with constipation?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free