Doctor insights on:
Do Phytoestrogens Have Enough Strength To Change Pubertal Growth In Teens
Puberty is the normal condition in which a humans physically change from child to a teenage pre-adult who is able to reproduce (become fertile, able to have children). Pubertal development is divided into 5 stages by appearance (Tanner stages). Adolescence is time when puberty occurs, and includes ...Read more
Varies: There are "early bloomers" and "late bloomers". Early puberty occurs in middle school and late bloomers hit growth spurt in 9-10th grades. Girls do the bulk of growing the two years before menses and boys will hit growth spurt (on the average) between 12-14 years and can grow until age 20 . I always ask parents when they hit their growth spurt as that provides idea when their children might.. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Puberty: Yes it does, maybe even a little earlier in the 10-15 range. ...Read more
Unlikely: The effect of phytoestrogens on male and female adults and on infants has been extensively studied without any significant adverse effects being conclusively shown. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
Drugs: Unless your doctor has seen and examined you it is wrong to take isoflavones and/or phytoestrogens! If your doctor sees you and prescribes them I would like to hear from you again. ...Read more
Doubt it: There is a lot of disinformation and deception about "phytoestrogens"; it's sad to hear an environmental extremist claim we are being demasculinized by them while eating tofu, which is loaded with them. Breast size is mostly genetic and a young woman's natural hormones will do their work -- they are far stronger than phytoestrogens. ...Read more
Can phytoestrogens cause changes in menstrual cycles? I swapped milk for soy milk for a month & had spotting. It stopped when I stopped drinking soy.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do you have to stay in hospital after hernia repair?
- How long do you have to take microgynon 30 for in order for it to be effective?
- Why do i have a pain in my back that moves to my front chest plate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you have to wait to change your belly button ring?
- How do i treat an ear ache due to having a cold in a 10 year old?
- What can patients do to change the levels of ldl hdl in their blood?
- Colon cancer do you always have to have blood seen in your stools
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free