Doctor insights on:
Do People With Serotonin Syndrome Have A Lot Of Pain
Complex as can be grouped with neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Characterized by hyperthermia, muscle rigidity, altered mental status, usually associated with medicines that block or deplete dopamine, such as most anti-psychotics, and ssri antidepressants. May be precipitated by fever, infection, high environmental temperatures. Can be life ...Read more
So I take a lot of meds cymbalta tramadol naproxin amyatriplyne cyclobentaprine gabapention to name a few. Could I have serotonin syndrome?
I suffered serotonin syndrome due to a combo of savella and tramadol. Are there any other drugs available to help my fibromyalgia pain and fatigue?
Currently on Lexapro 20 mg for five days (tapering off) and now increasing my remeron to 30 mg from 15. I also take one 7.5 vicodin for mouth pain each day. Am i at risk for serotonin syndrome?
YES: Serotonin syndrome is a medical emergency if you have symptoms. There are many medications that increase serotonin in your body, but there is no hard and fast rule on how many and how much is too much. This is why we advise pts of the symptoms so we can stop some medications if needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Serotonin syndrome: Symptoms occur within minutes to hours, and may include: Agitation or restlessness Diarrhea Fast heartbeat and high blood pressure Hallucinations Increased body temperature Loss of coordination Nausea Overactive reflexes Rapid changes in blood pressure Vomiting Get to the hospital please if you're at risk. Ref: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007272.htm ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Serotonin syndrome: is characterized by neuromuscular, autonomic, and neuropsychiatric (cognitive and behavioral) abnormalities. Restless feeling, continuous muscle spasms, confusion and disorientation. Some may progress to cardiac arrest, seizures, coma or multiple organ failure. It is a life-threatening medical emergency and call 911 is a must! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with pallister killian syndrome have a lot of pain?
- Do people with burning mouth syndrome have a lot of pain?
- Do people with amphetamine abuse have a lot of pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do people with aspiration pneumonia have a lot of pain?
- Do people with puncture wound on ankle have a lot of pain?
- Do people with pulpitis have a lot of pain?
- Do people with epidural hematoma have a lot of pain?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free