Doctor insights on:
Do People With Serotonin Syndrome Have A Lot Of Pain
Complex as can be grouped with neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Characterized by hyperthermia, muscle rigidity, altered mental status, usually associated with medicines that block or deplete dopamine, such as most anti-psychotics, and ssri antidepressants. May be precipitated by fever, infection, high environmental temperatures. Can be life ...Read more
So I take a lot of meds cymbalta (duloxetine) tramadol naproxin amyatriplyne cyclobentaprine gabapention to name a few. Could I have serotonin syndrome?
Serotonin syndrome: Overactivation due to excess serotonin. See diagram. Treatment is emergency intervention if severe, and discontinuing the medication if less severe. Some medications used are Muscle relaxants, serotonin blockers such as Periactin, (cyproheptadine hydrochloride) Oxygen & intravenous fluids. ...Read more
Serotonin syndrome: is characterized by neuromuscular, autonomic, and neuropsychiatric (cognitive and behavioral) abnormalities. Restless feeling, continuous muscle spasms, confusion and disorientation. Some may progress to cardiac arrest, seizures, coma or multiple organ failure. It is a life-threatening medical emergency and call 911 is a must! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with burning mouth syndrome have a lot of pain?
- Do people with pallister killian syndrome have a lot of pain?
- Do people with ramsay hunt have a lot of pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pain and leptospirosis
- Do people with kidney failure have a lot of pain?
- Do people with pancreatic cancer have a lot of pain?
- Do people with femoral hernia have a lot of pain?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free