Doctor insights on:
Do People With Priapism Have A Lot Of Pain
Excessively and aggressively. I damaged my blood vessels and it is paining. Last time i few weeks, or am i suffering from priapism type of injury, what to do?
Here are some ...: How long did you have erection during the course of priapism, which may result in tissue injury from long ischemia leading to scar-like tissue change (fibrosis, which become ineffective to relax to entrap blood for engorgement and erection. Is this what happened to you? If so, such damage is permanent. How to handle post-priapism ED? See and talk with Doc timely in detail. Best wish ... ...Read more
Medications: The treatment of priapism initially includes medications. If this fails, then a needle must be placed into the penis and potent medicaions must be injected directly into the penis. If these measures fail, then surgery for a penile shunt is needed to prevent future penile scarring and erectile dysfunction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not common: Ischemic priapism due to blood sludging in the penile corpora (rods) is most frequent in men with sickle cell disease. Rarely occurs with use of medications for ed, viagra, Cialis etc. Probably < 1 in 1000 men using meds. Occasionally is idiopathic, no known cause. 2nd very rare form is high flow priapism. Doppler ultrasound can differentiate between both. ...Read more
Trapped Penile Blood: Priapism results most commonly when blood gets trapped in the penis. The trapped blood doesn't allow fresh oxygenated blood in, which can result in penile pain and tissue death. Common causes are sickle cell disease, various medications (rarely those advertised for ed), Cocaine use, injection ED therapy and trauma. This is an emergency, and the blood needs to be drained immediately in the er. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with amphetamine abuse have a lot of pain?
- Do people with amaurosis fugax have a lot of pain?
- Do people with aspiration pneumonia have a lot of pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do people with pulpitis have a lot of pain?
- Do people with epidural hematoma have a lot of pain?
- Do people with amphetamine overdose have a lot of pain?
- Do people with diabetic ketoacidosis have a lot of pain?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free