Doctor insights on:
Do People With Discitis Have A Lot Of Pain
Infection.: Discitis literally means "inflammation of the disc" which is usually due to an infection. Infections can lead to involvement of adjacent tissues, including the back bones, but also spread. It can lead to meningitis (a feared infection of the covering of the brain/spinal cord) and could escape into the general circulation. This can lead to other organ involvement/damage and very low blood pressure. ...Read more
Be seen: The definition of discitis is an infection of the disc not just inflammation. You need to be seen by your physician for this. You can also see an acupuncturist/chinese medicine practitioner because that will help relieve pain and chinese herbs can augment what your regular physician suggests. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain: Toddlers usually refuse to walk (or they have a limp). Older children, adolescents and adults have back pain and decreased range of motion. There may also be abdominal or pelvic pain. Muscle spasm is common. Bending forward (flexion of the spine) may make the pain worse. There is often loss of lumbar lordosis (curve). Fever and malaise are common. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Discitis: Discitis is generally a very rare infection of the intervertebral disk(s). The incidence ranges from 1 in 100, 000 population to 1 in 250, 000 population. Also rare, it may also be due to certain inflammatory processes. Because of the rare occurrence of either disorder, the risk of its occurring in other family members is extremely low--less than 1 in 1000. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with ramsay hunt have a lot of pain?
- Do people with ophthalmoplegia have a lot of pain?
- Pain and leptospirosis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do people with pancreatic cancer have a lot of pain?
- Do people with femoral hernia have a lot of pain?
- Do people with tendonitis have a lot of pain?
- Do people with polyphagia have a lot of pain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free