Doctor insights on:
Do People With Cervical Spine Stenosis Have A Lot Of Pain
Narrowing: Stenosis is a condition where the tube inside the spine, the canal, is narrowed and potentially pinching on the spinal cord and/or spinal nerves. It can cause pain, weakness or numbness. It can be a problem from birth (congenital) or due to aging, injury or disease. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Nerve pain: Stenosis refers to crowding and/or impingement of the nerves or spinal cord - therefore the most common symptoms would be nerve type symptoms in the arms, such as numbness, tingling, weakness, pain. Having said that, it's very uncommon for an 18 year old to have cervical stenosis. ...Read more
No: Not death but may get disabled.Get a more detailed answer ›
Varies from not at : This varies from not at all to very serious. Treatment ranges from none to use of medication, exercise and sometimes epidural steroid injections to surgery. The only serious condition is when the stenosis leads to compression of the spinal cord leading to a condition known as a myleopathy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My fiance has cervical spine stenosis and now I wonder what I am getting into. Will this affect his ability to work?
It depends: To what degree that spinal stenosis effecting his cervical spine , what the cause of the cervical spine stenosis. Could be mild or sever if mild and his work office job, i think he will fine to work, but if is not and works in labor that a problem. Good luck .Thank you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with ramsay hunt have a lot of pain?
- Do people with ophthalmoplegia have a lot of pain?
- Pain and leptospirosis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do people with pancreatic cancer have a lot of pain?
- Do people with femoral hernia have a lot of pain?
- Do people with tendonitis have a lot of pain?
- Do people with polyphagia have a lot of pain?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free