Doctor insights on:
Do People With Breast Fat Necrosis Have A Lot Of Pain
No: Fat necrosis in the breast is usually the result of tramatic injury. This is also self limited. Surgery to the breast(enhancement, reduction, lumpectomy, biopsy, etc) can result in tissue damage that can manifest as fat necrosis - that is usually self limited. In 20 years, I have seen one patient with fat necrosis in the hip/buttock - that was due to impact trauma. I've not seen it in the breast. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Fat necrosis will often improve with time but particularly if it is a larger area it may never completely resolve. A lot of the diagnosis of fat necrosis involved the clinical scenario and impression. Imaging can often be helpful. A biopsy is the most definitive. Make certain your surgeon is sure it's fat necrosis. If there is any question about a lump see a breast surgeon for an opinion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Until taken out: Fat necrosis is a common occurrence wherever there are deposits of fat. There may be prior injury. The damaged tissue provokes an inflammatory response with scarring. The appearance can mimic breast cancer but is not a cause of cancer. Small lesions may resolve but most require removal if troublesome. ...Read more
Not at all: Fat necrosis is a result of trauma to the breast, sometimes so minor that you may not even remember the event. Lump develops but usually there is a history of black and blue bruising for a short period of time. Generally, the lump decreases in size over a period of time and disappears entirely, though this may take several weeks or months. There is no risk of cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Palpable lumpin breast.Mammo-benign calcification biradsiii.Fnac-inflammatory lesion possibility of fat necrosis.Lump reduced.Taking antibiotics.Next?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with amphetamine abuse have a lot of pain?
- Do people with amaurosis fugax have a lot of pain?
- Do people with aspiration pneumonia have a lot of pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do people with pulpitis have a lot of pain?
- Do people with epidural hematoma have a lot of pain?
- Do people with amphetamine overdose have a lot of pain?
- Do people with diabetic ketoacidosis have a lot of pain?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free