Doctor insights on:
Do People With Blue Eyes Generally Have Worse Sight Than People With Brown Eyes
Not at all: Iris color is determined by the amount of brown pigment it contains. A large amount creates brown eyes; less pigment creates a blue appearance. Eye sight is related to the shape of the eye and health of the retina (film layer) and optic nerve. Some eye conditions can lead to poor vision and blue eyes (ocular albinism), but eye color itself is usually not related to eye sight. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly : In bright light. Similar effect to that of athletes putting the black unde there eyes. ...Read more
No Known Assn.: Visual acuity that can be improved with glasses often relates to the shape of the eyeball which is, as far as is known, not associated with eye color. The genes which determine eye color are being worked out: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929707000407 and may have some weak association with risk of melanoma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does a brown eyed person see differently, (different shades of colors ect.), than a person with blue eyes?
No: But this is a great question.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have blue eyes, but one of them has 1/3 of brown at the top. Can i make the brown more pronounced?
Typical: Babies eyes are very often blue at birth and pigmentation doesn't begin to develop until some time later. This is very common. ...Read more
Generally not: Brown eyes dominate over blue. While eye color inheritance is somewhat mixed, if the only colors in question are strongly blue and strongly brown, then brown dominates. This means of the two genes for any one characteristic, in this case brown, if you have one brown (the other can be either), your eyes will be brown. You would require two blue genes to get blue eyes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with blue eyes get more cataracts?
- Almond-shaped eyes and lazy eyes
- Are people with blue eyes more sensitive to light?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do people with alpha thalassemia trait commonly have intestinal problems?
- Do people with herpes have artificial insemination?
- Do people with amphetamine abuse have a lot of pain?
- Do people with amaurosis fugax have a lot of pain?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free