Doctor insights on:
Do People With Amphetamine Abuse Have A Lot Of Pain
Can a lot of stress cause major depression or amphetamine abuse for someone who is bipolar and on meds for it?
Not exactly: Stress does not cause major depression or amphetamine abuse, but bipolar people can become depressed, & amphetamine abuse can destabilize someone with bipolar disorder. Often substance abuse leads to disrupted sleep cycles, & forgetting to take mood stabilizing medications -- thus worsening the illness. Recovery programs for drug abuse and talk therapy to learn to deal with life stresses, help. ...Read more
A psychostimulant, controlled drug schedule ii, with abuse potential. It acts to enhance Dopamine and norepinephrine in the body, including the brain. It can decrease appetite- was used as a diet pill, treat narcolepsy and adhd, pathological fatigue, sea sickness. Derived from ephedra plant ...Read more
Amphetamine abuse: Health risks of amphetamine abuse include hypertension, tachycardia, heart disease, increased risk of stroke from intracerebral bleed, and death. If you just look at the mental health realm: psychosis, paranoia, depression, suicidal behavior, violence, delusions, hallucinations. ...Read more
Addiction: In the current diagnostic code, "abuse" is reserved for a milder form of addiction than the diagnosis of dependence. Just think of addiction as an abnormal attachment to the substance, compulsive use, and problems controlling its use in spite of negative consequences. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with amphetamine overdose have a lot of pain?
- Do people with ramsay hunt have a lot of pain?
- Do people with ophthalmoplegia have a lot of pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do people with kidney failure have a lot of pain?
- Do people with pancreatic cancer have a lot of pain?
- Do people with femoral hernia have a lot of pain?
- Do people with tendonitis have a lot of pain?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free