Doctor insights on:
Do People Who Work In Those Mall Nail Salons Get Sick From The Fumes
Not studied: Nail salon atmospheres are full of organic chemical fumes and one would think that the workers have a continuous exposure which probably is dangerous in the long run. Ventilation in my experience is poor which contributes to this. I also feel that tsa workers are exposed continuously to radiation from their close proximity to x-ray machines which are unchecked after they are put in place. ...Read more
Not sure: No one has proven this although many environmental factors could contribute to defects if exposed for long period of time. ...Read more
Sort of: Some (not all) nail salons cut corners, and in doing so, spread infections from one customer to the next. For example, they are required in most states to use emery boards only once and throw them away, but many reuse them. Many salons don't sterilize their instruments properly. A wise precaution is to buy your own nail instruments and bring them with you each time you go to the salon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you get hepatitis or HIV from unwashed utensils at a nail salon? Especially if there is a papercut on finger?
No risk, no worry: This sort of infection for sure never happens for HIV, and probably never for hepatitis B. Of course nail salons should disinfect their equipment between customers. But even if they sometimes forget, the actual risk is extremely low. I'll bet no doctor or clinic in the US has ever seen a patient with either HIV or viral hepatitis known to be acquired in this way. Nohting to be worried about. ...Read more
Yes: Should be no problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Hi. Trying to get piece of acrylic nail off nail bed. Nothing works. Filed nails & now that piece of fake nail seems attached to nail bed . Tips?
Most likely: Use precautions (e.g. Face mask), as relevant, and stay in well ventilated areas. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do people with hiv get sick often?
- Do you have to stay away from sick people with leukemia?
- How do i get permission to do cpr from someone who is unconscious?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do some people get nausea from taking vitamin d?
- How often do people on dialysis get sepsis from the dialysis machine?
- What do people normally get a tonsil cyst from?
- Why do i get headaches on my days off from work?
- Talk to a dermatologist online