Doctor insights on:
Do People Who Begin To Stutter Also Develop A Lisp Later On
Do psychiatric drugs affect speech? I can't find the words stuttering and developing a lisp. All after years in psych meds. Didn't have these before
Psychoactive medicat: Medications used for control & treatment of mental illnesses vary and as such their side effect profile will vary. Difficulty retrieving words and stuttering refer to the nervous system. If these symptoms started after using psychoactive medications, it is better to return to the prescribing physician or consult a psychiatrist or neurologist in HealthTap for guidance & mgt. ...Read more
Watch,wait, try this: http://www.pammarshalla.com/blog/2013/09/lateral-lisp-in-a-3-year-old/ Most pros would say this is too young. But you can try the advice in the article. Watch for changes, mention it to the Dr at next visit, and try to relax. Making yourself and the child upset is not necessary nor good! Best! ...Read more
Speech therapy: A speech and language pathologist is your best bet towards correcting a speech defect. ...Read more
You can search : online for methods that are effective for different types of lisps, but nothing beats direct instruction & practice, practice, practice. Ask your dentist if you have a tongue thrust for which an appliance will help. Call the Speech/Language Pathology department of your closest university or med school & ask to work with a grad student if cost is an issue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do people develop lipomas?
- What is the rate of survival for people who develop septic shock?
- Do people with hocm also suffer from burning or stinging feet or swollen feet?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- At what age do people normally begin to have trouble with acne
- How do people develop esophageal varices?
- Do men who experience male pattern baldness also have body hair loss?
- Why do so many people with diabetes also have high blood pressure?
- Talk to a pediatrician online