Doctor insights on:
Do Not Test Thyroid During Menstruation
Menstruation is also known as Menses. Menstruation is the regular cyclical shedding of uterine (womb) lining associated with bleeding. Begins at puberty (menarche) and continus during a woman's fertile years until menopause. Cycles usually average 28 days, but can vary from ...Read more
Would a ddimer test come out higher during menstruation? My result was 4.6 with under 5 being normal. 8 wks post csection. Will this lower more w time
Normal range: Your test appears to be in the normal range ...Read more
I have tachycardia before and during menstruation. All the tests I have made were normal. What can I do to stop tachycardia?
Basal body temp: After ovulation, your core body temperature actually increases about a degree. This stays elevated and then comes back down during your period. This is one explanation. The other thing that might be going on is a version of hotflashes related to decreasing estrogen levels that occur during your period. ...Read more
I see all the symptoms I have during menstruation. Except it's not flowing. It's the first time . What could be the problem and solution?
Rule out pregnancy: Assuming you are not pregnant, which you can easily test for, it may be an anovulatory cycle that will delay or prevent your normal cycle. If you are not pregnant, your doctor can prescribe Provera to see if you have withdrawal bleeding. Blood tests for hormone levels including prolactin and to rule out poly cystic ovary syndrome can be done as well. ...Read more
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What not to do during menstruation?
- Do you need to fast for the thyroid antibody test?
- Do they test for herpes during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you need to fast for a thyroid test?
- Do you have to fast for thyroid blood test?
- Do i need to fast before a thyroid blood test?
- Are there certain types of cancer that do not show up on cbc test?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free