Doctor insights on:
Do Nasal Polyps Hurt
Inflammatory growths: Nasal polyps are de novo inflammatory growth arising from the lateral wall of the nose. The histo-pathology is very different from normal nasal mucosa. The cause is still not known but bacteria, virus, fungus, allergy are possibilities. They tend to grow both into the nose and into the sinuses and eventually cause nasal obstruction and anosmia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need to see Doc: However, you can try saline nasal lavage twice a day, salt water will shrink the polyps. Inhaled nasal decongestant and steroid spray will shrink it too. But you need to have a nasal endoscopy to find out the size and location of polyps and whether they are causing obstructive symptoms and chronic sinusisit. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do polyps hurt when they bleed?
- How do you know if you have nasal polyps?
- What do you recommend for nasal polyps?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Nasal polyps
- Laser surgery for nasal polyps
- Natural cures for nasal polyps
- How to shrink nasal polyps?
- Do colon polyps hurt?