Doctor insights on:
Do Most Alcoholics Keep Drinking After Acute Pancreatitis
My dad was admitted with acute pancreatitis. Alcoholic pancreatitis. He received 2 blood transfusions. He refuses to quit drinking. What will happen?
Potentially can die: Your father is unfortunately in a very tenuous situation. If he has received blood transfusions, I would assume his liver has been compromised and is failing, the lining of his esophagus(food pipe) and stomach being irritated and inflamed and is at risk for bleeding/ ulcers. Your father has to stop drinking now or he will endure a host of complications that will lead to his death. Talk to his doc ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe: Depends what the pancreatitis is due to. If it is from gallstone or medication and you have had them delt with or stopped the medicine then it shouldn't be an issue. If it was from alcohol you could drink (no one can physically stop you) but you will be putting yourself at risk for future attacks and the nest time it might not be a mild attack. ...Read more
Could you get mild acute pancreatitis without knowing? Because after a night of heavy drinking I was vomiting after eating im not a heavy drinker
Can I drink alcohol again after acute pancreatitis? Due to gallstones and ercp. It's been one month. Healthy
I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis 3 months and 1 week ago , can i ever drink again?or take mdma?
am only 26 male . still on benzos and weed .
I had an eus that caused acute pancreatitis . I spent 10 days in the hospital . I do not drink.. What are that chances of a re accurance ?
Not related: Endoscopic ultrasound, is a test used to look at a variety of things, including the pancreas. It can detect stones or masses in the pancreas. Since it does not involve actually touching the pancreas, it should not cause pancreatitis. More than likely, your md ordered the eus to look at something that may have caused elevation in a pancreas marker. Elevated lipid levels can lead to pancreatitis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol after acute pancreatitis?
- Why do i get dead arm after first alcoholic drink?
- Why do i get a sore throat after drinking alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can you start drinking again alcoholic beverages after a tonsillectomy
- Why do i get trembling and chills after drinking cold water?
- Why do my legs ache after drinking alcohol?
- How long do i have to wait to drink after taking a codeine?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online