Doctor insights on:
Do Men Have To Wear Condoms After Having A Prostate Biopsy
Biopsy is tissue removed by needle or cutting to remove part of a body part. It is usually a small amount of material that is processed by a pathologist. Most of the time it is stained and looked at through a microscope to arrive at a diagnosis. Special processes are done for some tissues or problems. The purpose is to tell what the problem is (diagnosis). ...Read more
See answer: It is not unusual to have some discomfort or pain in prostate/pelvic region along with some minor bleeding from rectum, penis, and/or in urine for 1-2 days and blood in semen for at least several weeks. Any persistent or worsening pain, pain or swelling of the testicles, fever (>100.5)/chills, difficulty voiding should prompt a call to your md or a visit to the er. ...Read more
Prostate biopsy: Blood in the urine is very common after prostate biopsy. It ususally clears up in a few days (3-5), but it may be sporadically present 1-2 weeks after the biopsy. If there are multiple blood clots and or difficulty urinating/retnetion of urine you should see you physician immedialtely or go to the emergency room. ...Read more
Depends: Usually after 48 hrs most of the symptoms will be gone. The most common are pain with urination, pain with bowel movements and sometimes bllod in the urine. If you have a high fever or prolonged bleeding call your urologist immediately. Patricio gargollo, md pediatric urology, dallas texas. ...Read more
The prostate is a gland that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounding a segment of urethra. It secretes a milky fluid that is discharged by excretory ducts into the urethra during the emission of semen. It is clinically important because enlargement of the prostate with age, and prostate cancer are two common ...Read more
These are mostly closed end tubes of latex and occasionally other materials to cover the penis during intercourse and prevent pregnancy and disease transmission. A wise person uses them when the history of their partner is unknown. There are some available for women's use ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i expect to have blood in my pee after having a prostate biopsy?
- How long do i have to wear a retainer after getting my braces off?
- Is it normal to have blood in my urine after having a prostate biopsy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you have to wear a retainer after invisalign?
- Is it normal to be in pain for weeks after having a prostate biopsy?
- Do you have to wear a retainer after braces?
- How long do i have to wait to drink after taking a codeine?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free