Doctor insights on:
Do Immunizations Help Prevent Sepsis In Children
Yes, and adults too: Vaccination decreases the spread of serious bacterial infections through the population. Since the main route of spread is through children in school/daycare, vaccinating these children reduces the risk of infection and sepsis in their parents and grandparents. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infection in the blood is also known as Sepsis. Sepsis is a condition in which a person has a blood infection, usually caused by bacteria. The bacteria get into the bloodstream and are spread all over the body. The infection plus the immune system's response to it causes the symptoms of sepsis, which include fever, rapid heart rate, rapid breathing, high white ...Read more
Wash your hands: Sepsis is not in itself "avoidable" - but you can ensure good general health by eating well, avoiding steroids, and washing your hands. Keeping yourself from getting shot, stabbed or crushed is also a good idea, and keeping dirt out of your wounds is a bonus. If you are diabetic, take your Insulin or other medications and follow a sound diabetic diet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: There is some data that tylenol might deplete glutathione, making sepsis worse. There is no data that nsaids or Aspirin can prevent sepsis, and it has been studied to death. In fact, currently there are no direct treatments for sepsis, as the only approved therapy (activated protein c) has been withdrawn from the market due to the high levels of risk associated with its use. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Certainly!: Vaccines are distinct biological triggers that "teach" our immune systems how to prevent and fight specific bacterial or viral illness without actually becoming ill from the pathogen. Vaccines for meningicoccus, pneumococcus, and h. Influenza infections do an amazing job of preventing catastrophic life-threatening illness such as sepsis and meningitis--often working quietly even w/o our awareness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do grapes or grape juices help in preventing stomach viruses?
- What can i do in pregnancy to help prevent autism?
- How do i help prevent the spread of diarreah and throwing up in a nursing home?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do hives last in children?
- At what age do you expect children to begin speaking in complete sentences
- Does sunscreen help prevent malar rash or discoid rash in lupus?
- How to help prevent numbness in feet and hands after chemo?
- Talk to a pediatrician online