Doctor insights on:
Do I Still Need To Take Birth Control If I Am Breastfeeding
Maybe: When you are exclusively breast-feeding in the first 6 months- no supplemental feedings ( of formula or food), feeding every 4 hours, and before your period returns, lactation/ breast feeding can be effective for birth control if used consistently. If you are not following these rules, using birth control is a good idea. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Yes: Certain forms of hormonal birth control can decrease your milk supply and aren't recommended for breastfeeding mothers. However there are some progestin-only forms of birth control (pills, injections and iuds) that shouldn't affect your supply. Talk to your OB about what method might be right for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it OK to take combination birth control while breastfeeding? It's OK if it reduces supply as baby is 13 months old but is it safe for him?
Yes--progestin only : appears to.be best. See http://www.babycenter.com/0_hormonal-birth-control-for-breastfeeding-moms_1465302.bcGet a more detailed answer ›
Birth control: Abstinence!Get a more detailed answer ›
Anytime: After stop your breastfeeding, you may resume ovulation soon. If you do not want to conceive, taking bcp is good option. Since you do not know when you will resume your menstrual period, it is ok to start bcp at anytime. It will help your period to starts after you taking the placebo pills. ...Read more
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do i need to take an extra birth control pill if i have diarrhea?
- Do i need to take out my belly ring if i am pregnant?
- What vitamins do i need to take if i am on a low carb diet?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i start taking lexapro do i need to take it for the rest of my life
- Do i need to stop wearing tight clothes if i am pregnant?
- Do i need to avoid all alcohol if i am taking baby aspirin?
- What happens if i forget to take the birth control pill?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free