Doctor insights on:
Do I Need To Take My Child Out Of School If They Have Lice
Head lice: Simply put, you can do everything right and your family could still end up with lice. And of course, head lice have nothing to do with hygiene or income level; anyone can get them. The most common route of transmission is head to head contact, such as two kids bending over the same coloring book. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not long: Playing together for even a brief time could lead to spread from one child to another. ...Read more
Lice: If by infested you mean catch it from someone else - when the adult lice move to your head you may not feel any symptoms. As they start to hatch new ones you may notice many more and have more symptoms. This typically happens 6-12 days after exposure. Life cycle of a louse is 9-15 days. This is also why treatment should happen twice to get two life cycles. ...Read more
Less than a week.: Now many head lice are resistant to our traditional therapies. Cheap method which works is to apply gold listerine to the scalp x 1 hour and cover with shower cap. Then apply househould vinegar and comb through the entire head using sections of 10-20 hairs to remove all nits or eggs.. Leave the vinegar x 1 hour then wash. Repeat in 1 wk. New study showed oral Ivermectin works well. Need an rx! ...Read more
Nix is not...: ...My favorite treatment, as many strains of head lice are now resistant to it. Elimite cream (applied to dry hair & left on overnight under shower cap) works better, although not officially approved for that indication. Malathion (ovide lotion) works fastest, but stinks, and is flammable! kwell shampoo also works fast (repeat in 1 week), but like nix, resistance is common. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i start taking lexapro do i need to take it for the rest of my life
- Do i need to take out my belly ring if i am pregnant?
- Do i need to take an extra birth control pill if i have diarrhea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i know if my child is having an adverse reaction to a vaccine?
- I have been out of shape since having my baby what can i do to get back in it
- Do i need to call the doctor if i have bleeding after my baby is born?
- Does my liver hurting have anything to do with the amount of medication i take?
- Talk to a pediatrician online